Labourer w/1A: Regina
Hundseth Power Line Construction (HPL) is a Saskatchewan-based, family-owned business, headquartered in Saskatoon, with site offices in Regina and Humboldt. Our vision is to be the benchmark contractor in the overhead and underground utilities industry, recognized for the integrity of our people, the ethics of our business practices, and our ability to innovate with leading-edge safety & quality practices.
HPL is a growth-oriented and forward-thinking private company, that works in ALL SEASONS. We are looking for team players who are committed to positivity and a strong work ethic, who strive to set the standard of excellence to our large host of clients across the province of Saskatchewan.
We are currently seeking candidates for the role of a labourer with 1A license, working towards apprenticeship for our Regina operations. This position will be based out of Regina; however, travel is required as services extend throughout the province.
Working in this trade is physically demanding. We offer a mentorship culture like no other, with competitive compensation and an extensive benefits and retirement savings plan.
Please visit https://saskapprenticeship.ca/quick-links/designated-trades/powerline-technician/ link to learn more about this trade position!
• These positions perform a variety of assignments involved in all aspects of the installation, construction, troubleshooting, repairing, specialized testing, and maintenance of all overhead and underground distribution, transmission lines, switching stations, substations, communication networks, streetlight facilities, and infrastructure
• Operate a variety of hand and power tools and equipment including: backhoe, trencher, skid steer, HydroVAC, directional bore machine, digger derrick trucks, all-terrain track machine, crawler dozers, bobcats, forklift and trackhoe
• Follow all safety procedures on the job site and report violations immediately to foreman.
• A valid Class 3A or 1A driver’s license (clean driving abstract) is required with a 1A preferred.
• Previous experience operating the following: backhoe, trencher, skid steer, HydroVAC, directional bore machine, digger derrick trucks, all-terrain track machine, crawler dozers, bobcats, forklift and trackhoe is considered an asset.
• One or more years of experience in construction
• Ability to travel out of town during the week or on weekends as required
• Ability to lift heavy tools and equipment
• High school diploma or equivalent
• This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a hearing and drug and alcohol screening. In accordance with current COVID emergency Regulations, all new hirers will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated or provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 test at least every seven days.
All Applicants are thanked for their interest. No phone calls please, only potential candidates will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and cover letter indicating how your experience meets the job requirements on our website (www.hundseth.ca).