Hundseth Power Line Construction (HPL) is a Saskatchewan-based, family-owned business, headquartered in Saskatoon, with additional site offices in Regina and Humboldt. For over 40 years, our vision is to be the benchmark contractor in the overhead and underground utilities industry, recognized for the integrity of our people, the ethics of our business practices, and our ability to innovate with leading-edge safety & quality practices.
HPL is a growth-oriented and forward-thinking private company, that works in ALL SEASONS. We are looking for team players who are committed to positivity and a driven work ethic, who strive to set the standard of excellence to our large host of clients across Saskatchewan.
We are currently seeking a 4th year or Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic. This position will be based out of Regina, however, travel may be required as services extend throughout the province.
The successful candidate is responsible for providing mechanical and technical direction and service to the HPL fleet, and will be expected to prioritize, organize, coordinate, inspect, and repair all equipment to ensure the work is completed to manufacturer specifications and applicable legislation. Field service may be required in all climate conditions.
The successful candidate will be a motivated, self starter who will also actively assist other team members in our fast paced mechanic shop and equipment yard. Reliable and accountable, the successful candidate will inspect vehicles and heavy-duty equipment, troubleshoot and diagnose, perform routine maintenance, and complete necessary repairs, focused on completion of shop projects in a safe, professional, and time efficient manner. Candidates with up to three or more years of heavy duty mechanic experience are preferred.
Work is physically demanding. We offer a mentorship culture like no other, with competitive compensation and an extensive benefits and retirement plan. We supply all personal protective equipment, although the successful candidate will be required to bring their own tools.
Responsibilities will include:
- Up to three (3) years of experience completing mechanical repair and maintenance of vehicles and heavy equipment such as backhoes, trackhoes, trenchers, front-end loaders, digger derricks, forklifts, directional bores, hydrovacs, etc.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, dismantle, align, assemble and adjust mechanical equipment and machinery to maintain it in efficient operating condition.
- Perform basic maintenance, including changing motor oil, rotating tires, and checking fluid levels.
- Repair or replace worn parts and systems.
- Follow checklists to ensure thorough examination of all parts and systems.
- Identify mechanical and electrical problems with both manual and computerized diagnostic equipment.
- Perform repairs thoroughly and accurately.
- Other responsibilities based on priority of shop work.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must hold a valid class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver abstract (class 1A is preferred).
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a postsecondary program in heavy equipment mechanical repair.
- Experience with electronic systems maintenance and repair.
- Strong communication skills.
- Physical strength and stamina, and the ability to lift over 50 pounds.
- This position is considered a safety sensitive position; the successful applicant will be required to complete pre-employment medical testing that includes a drug and alcohol screening.
Please submit your resume and cover letter indicating how your experience meets the job requirements on our website (www.hundseth.ca).
***No phone calls please***
All Applicants are thanked for their interest. Only potential candidates will be contacted.