Hundseth Power Line Construction (HPL) is a Saskatchewan-based, family-owned business, headquartered in Saskatoon, with site offices in Regina and Humboldt. Our vision is to be the benchmark contractor in the overhead and underground utilities industry, recognized for the integrity of our people, the ethics of our business practices, and our ability to innovate with leading-edge safety & quality practices.
We are currently seeking a Gas Fusion Technician – Regina who has experience working with SaskEnergy distribution lines/Service installations. Travel is required as services may extend throughout Regina and surrounding area.
Working in this trade is physically demanding. We offer a mentorship culture like no other, with competitive compensation and an extensive benefits and retirement savings plan.
Description of job duties:
- Safely perform ground work, including digging trenches, site clearance, cleaning and preparing job sites
- Loading and delivering materials
- Set up markers, cones and barricades and flag vehicles to control the traffic flow
- Follow all safe operating procedures on the job site and report violations immediately to foreman.
- Operate a variety of hand tools and equipment including: backhoe, trencher, skid steer, directional bore machine, digger derrick trucks, all-terrain track machine, crawler dozers, bobcats, forklift and trackhoe would be considered highly beneficial.
- Must have a valid Plastic Gas Fusion Qualification card (Sask Energy Gas Fusion ticket) and Class 5 driver’s license (clean driving abstract).
- Previous experience operating the following: backhoe, trencher, skid steer, directional bore machine, digger derrick trucks, all-terrain track machine, crawler dozers, bobcats, forklift and trackhoe, would be considered highly beneficial.
- Prior experience in construction.
- Ability to travel out of town during the week or on weekends as required.
- Ability to frequently lift heavy tools and equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete pre-employment testing that includes a drug and alcohol screening.
Please submit your resume and cover letter indicating how your experience meets the job requirements on our website (www.hundseth.ca) or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Applicants are thanked for their interest. No phone calls please, only potential candidates will be contacted.