Hundseth Power Line Construction (HPL) is a Saskatchewan-based, family-owned business, headquartered in Saskatoon, with site offices in Regina and Humboldt. For over 40 years, our vision is to be the benchmark contractor in the overhead and underground utilities industry, recognized for the integrity of our people, the ethics of our business practices, and our ability to innovate with leading-edge safety & quality practices.
HPL is a growth-oriented and forward-thinking private company. We are looking for team players who are committed to positivity and a driven work ethic, who strive to set the standard of excellence to our large host of clients across the province of Saskatchewan.
We are currently seeking a 1A Hydrovac Operator. This position will be based out of Regina, SK however travel may be required as services extend throughout the province.
Working in this trade is physically demanding. We offer a mentorship culture like no other, with competitive compensation and an extensive benefits and retirement plan.
As a Hydrovac Operator, you will be responsible for the successful completion of hydrovac excavation projects including utility line exposure, debris removal, slot trenching and digging, and excavation of sensitive underground piping and cables. You will also provide job site shovel work and other related tasks in order to accomplish project milestones in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
- Operate equipment safely
- Keep equipment and vehicles clean and in safe/working order
- Responsible for the successful completion of hydro excavation projects including utility line exposure, slot trenching, and soft digging
- Set up and inspect grounding and/or bonding procedures for hydrovac operation
- Set up and inspect grounding and/or bonding procedures
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Maintain and use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and specialized safety equipment
- Perform other duties as required
- Must possess valid Class 1 driver’s license with Air Brake Endorsement
- 1 – 3 years previous Hydrovac experience
- Able to lift heavy loads (50+ lbs.) and able to work in a variety of outdoor conditions
- Ability to think and react to changing conditions quickly and maintain a professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must be comfortable working around energized utilities
- Must be able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Strong attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent
- This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-access evaluation that includes a drug and alcohol screening.
Please submit your cover letter indicating how your experience meets the job requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
***No phone calls please***
All Applicants are thanked for their interest. Only potential candidates will be contacted.