Hundseth Power Line Construction is a Saskatchewan-based, family-owned business, headquartered in Saskatoon, with site offices in Regina and Humboldt. For over 40 years, our vision is to be the benchmark contractor in the overhead and underground utilities industry, recognized for the integrity of our people, the ethics of our business practices, and our ability to innovate with leading-edge safety & quality practices.
Hundseth Power Line (HPL) is a growth-oriented and forward-thinking private Saskatchewan company, that works in ALL SEASONS. We are looking for team players who are committed to positivity and a strong work ethic, who strive to set the standard of excellence to our large host of clients across the Province of Saskatchewan.
We are currently seeking a 1A Driver/Equipment Transporter for our Saskatoon head office location. Travel will be required as our services extend throughout the province, as well as Western Canada.
We offer a mentorship culture like no other, with competitive compensation and an extensive benefits and retirement plan.
Job Description: This role will be responsible for preparing, organizing, loading, and delivering heavy equipment and materials across Saskatchewan and within Western Canada. These deliveries must be made in an efficient, timely and safe manner, to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life, as well as to ensure timelines are met on existing projects. The heavy equipment to be transported may include trucks of various sizes, backhoe, track hoe, trencher, bobcat, plough CAT, front-ender loader, digger derricks, forklift, directional bore, excavators, etc. This role will also entail cleaning and organizing around the shop and yard when required. Overnight travel may be required for the position on occasion.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A valid 1A drivers license and a fairly clean drivers abstract is mandatory.
- Previous experience operating the following: backhoe, track hoe, trencher, bobcat, front-ender loader, digger derricks, forklift, directional bore, hydrovac, etc.
- One or more years of experience in safely and effectively tying down equipment.
- Ability to travel out of town during the week or on weekends as required.
- Ability to lift heavy tools and equipment.
- Strong situational awareness especially when operating trucks and heavy-duty equipment.
- Ability to lift approximately 40 lbs. and work in a physically demanding environment.
- This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-access medical evaluation that includes a hearing, drug and alcohol screening.
Please submit your resume and cover letter indicating how your experience meets the job requirements, on our website.
***No phone calls please***
All Applicants are thanked for their interest. Only potential candidates will be contacted.