Hundseth Power Line Construction (HPL) is a Saskatchewan-based, family-owned business, headquartered in Saskatoon, with site offices in Regina and Humboldt. Our vision is to be the benchmark contractor in the overhead and underground utilities industry, recognized for the integrity of our people, the ethics of our business practices, and our ability to innovate with leading-edge safety & quality practices.
HPL is a growth-oriented and forward-thinking private company. We are looking for team players who are committed to positivity and a solid work ethic, who always strive to set the standard of excellence in safe work practices, to our large host of clients across the province of Saskatchewan.
As our organization continues to experience considerable growth, we are seeking a Human Resources Manager, reporting to the VP – Health, Safety, Environment, and Human Resources. This position will require minimal days of travel monthly, primarily between Regina and Saskatoon. This strategic team player sets actionable tasks, is time sensitive, and goals oriented. Responsible for setting the strategic direction of our HR practices and processes, possessing a finance background would be considered an asset. Motivating others, this proactive leader will help position our organization as an employer of choice.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with HPL leadership to effectively manage and implement HR initiatives, policies, and programs. Provide structure and support to both leadership and employees regarding all HR management issues, while ensuring compliance and familiarization with all relevant employment and labour laws, regulations, and updates.
- Oversee and assess compensation, job classification, and performance evaluation. Liaising with HR infrastructure (senior human resources advisor, payroll, and finance) you will identify gaps, assess, and ensure the development, integration, promotion, and direction of an employee merit, promotion, and compensation model, is sustainable and aligned to HPL’s corporate strategy.
- Oversee and assess performance management practices, talent, employee engagement, succession planning, training & development, compliance, and ethics by regularly presenting data and relevant business issues, to HPL leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related discipline
- CPHR designation preferred
- 5+ years of progressive human resources experience with 2+ years supervisory experience
- Proven collaboration and leadership skills, with the ability to motivate, delegate and coordinate activities.
- Exceptional facilitation and communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of The Saskatchewan Employment Act and The Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Ability to focus on critical issues, and prioritize, multi-task, and respect deadlines.
- Experience within the power or construction industry would be a strong asset.
This position will report to the VP – Health, Safety, Environment and Human Resources, and offers a competitive compensation package with extensive health benefits, a retirement plan, and flexibility. All applicants are thanked for their interest. Only potential candidates will be contacted.
Please submit your cover letter along with your resume indicating how you will meet our requirements, to email@example.com.