Highland Powerlines Ltd/Skeena Power – Railway labourer
Highland Powerlines Ltd.
Constructors of the first haul truck trolley system in Canada.
Highland Powerlines Ltd/Skeena Power (HPL), an affiliate of Hundseth Power Line Construction, is a growth-based company, with an innovative future ahead. We attribute our success to the hard work and dedication of our people, and forward-thinking approach to our industry.
We are currently seeking a Railway labourer, a team player who is committed to safety, positivity, and a strong work ethic, as we strive to set the standard of excellence everyday, to our clients. This position will be primarily based out of our Kamloops location, however travel throughout British Columbia, such as to Prince George, will be required.
This position is physically demanding, and requires working in all seasons. Along with the crew, your day will consist of building and maintaining track, and can include duties of replacing and repairing track components such as rails, railway ties, and fences, as well as responding to track outages, making alignment adjustments, and other related maintenance.
We offer a mentorship culture like no other, with competitive compensation and an extensive benefits and retirement plan.
- Valid drivers license and reasonably clean driving abstract, with Class 1A preferred.
- Able to produce a driver’s abstract and insurance claims history
- Previous hand tools and equipment operating experience, would be considered an asset.
- Ability to lift heavy tools and equipment
- Ability to travel out of town during the week or on weekends when required
- Construction experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Criminal record check
- Successfully pass required railway operating rules examinations
- Successfully pass eRailSafe Canada workforce compliance system
- Unionized position
For a career with HPL, please submit your cover letter indicating how your experience meets the job requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Applicants are thanked for their interest. Only potential candidates will be contacted.