Hundseth Power Line Construction (HPL) is a Saskatchewan-based, family-owned business, headquartered in Saskatoon, with site offices in Regina and Humboldt. For over 40 years, our vision is to be the benchmark contractor in the overhead and underground utilities industry, recognized for the integrity of our people, the ethics of our business practices, and our ability to innovate with leading-edge safety & quality practices.
HPL is a growth-oriented and forward-thinking private Saskatchewan company, that works in ALL SEASONS. We are looking for team players who are committed to positivity and a strong work ethic, who strive to set the standard of excellence to our large host of clients across the Province of Saskatchewan.
We are currently seeking candidates for 1A Equipment Operator/Construction Labourer positions. Based out of Saskatoon, travel will be required to rural locations, as services extend throughout Saskatchewan.
Working in this trade is physically demanding. We offer a mentorship culture like no other, with competitive compensation and an extensive benefits and retirement plan.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools and equipment including: plough CAT, backhoe, trencher, skid steer, hydroVAC, directional bore machine, digger derrick trucks, all-terrain track machine, crawler dozers, bobcats, forklift and trackhoe
- Follow all safety procedures on the job site and report violations immediately to foreman.
- Perform ground work, including digging trenches, site clearance
- Cleaning and preparing a job site
- Loading and delivering materials
- Set up markers, cones and barricades and flag vehicles to control the traffic flow
- Valid 1A Drivers license and reasonably clean driving abstract
- Previous experience operating the following: plough CAT, backhoe, trencher, skid steer, hydroVAC, directional bore machine, digger derrick trucks, all-terrain track machine, crawler dozers, bobcats, forklift and trackhoe
- Two or more years of experience in construction
- Ability to travel out of town during the week or on weekends when required
- Ability to lift heavy tools and equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-access evaluation that includes a hearing and drug and alcohol screening.
For a career with HPL, please submit your cover letter indicating how your experience meets the job requirements and resume on our website (www.hundseth.ca).
All Applicants are thanked for their interest. Only potential candidates will be contacted.